Shyamala presented a nice concert last Saturday. Very fun experience.
1. Shri Mahaganapathi – Gaula – Misra Chapu – Muthuswami Dikshitar
2. Parvathi Kumaram – Natakurunji – Rupakam – Muthuswami Dikshitar
3. Gaanaamudapaanam – Jyothiswaroopini – Misra Chapu – Koteeswara Iyer
4. Saraguna Paalimpa – Kedaragaula – Adi – Ramnad Srinivasa Iyengar
5. Nambikettavar – Hindolam – Adi – Papanasam Sivan
6. RTP – Kapi – Chatusra Jampa, Khanda nadai (featuring gana raga thanam)
EDIT: RTP Video:
7. Varuvaaro – Sama – Adi – Gopalakrishna Bharathi
8. Thillana – Sivaranjani – Adi – Maharajapuram Santhanam
9. Ni Namarupamulaku – Saurashtram – Adi – Thyagaraja
Indu Nagarajan and her family deserve much recognition for organizing these concerts. She is the only person in Southern California (apart from Prof. K. R. Subrahmanyam) taking the initiative to organize concerts by young artists and I believe she is financing these programs out of her own pocket! It would be wonderful if she can get further support from the community or other organizations; this is a worthy endeavor, after all.